We want to help
in Probono culture
Gómez-Pinzón is conscious of the existence of a large deficit in access to justice and recognizes that lawyers have a privileged status given to their specialized knowledge that allows them to go to judicial and administrative instances for the protection of legal rights.
The commitment on behalf of the most vulnerable population is part of the DNA of the firm, which since 2005 has been the undisputed leader in promoting the Pro Bono culture as part of the responsible exercise of the profession that is practiced in the company.
- Support for non-governmental, civic, cultural and educational organizations, as well as public and private research centers that assist vulnerable groups and promote altruistic or general interest causes.
- Specialized advice to low-income individuals who otherwise would not have access to justice or to a quality legal advice.
- Legal education on empowerment of rights for vulnerable communities and organizations working for public causes.
- Advice in strategic litigation in public issues.
- Research on socially relevant issues that cause an impact in the access to justice and in the protection of the rights of vulnerable communities.
HGPA Pro Bono milestones
- In June 2008, Gómez-Pinzón was qualified by the prestigious Latin Lawyer Magazine as the leading Colombian firm in pro bono work, receiving the first place among other Colombian firms and the number 21 among 50 Latin American firms.
- His partner Paula Samper Salazar was the only Colombian who participated in the drafting committee of the Pro Bono Declaration for the American Continent
- The firm is a Founding Member of the Fundación Pro Bono Colombia (probono.org.co), an entity that has attended approximately one thousand (1000) cases since its foundation
- Paula Samper, director of this area, has received two prestigious international awards (Chambers & Partners – for outstanding contribution to the legal profession and Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year awarded by Latin Lawyer).
- The firm is also a member of Compartamos con Colombia, entity which provides with institutional strengthening services to several non-profit organizations.
- The firm has exceeded the target set in the Pro Bono Declaration for the American Continent, as its lawyers work approximately 30 pro bono hours per year.
- In 2016 we reached a record number: our lawyers spent five thousand two hundred and fifty (5,250) hours in pro bono projects
In Gómez-Pinzón we are committed to build a more just and equitable country through pro bono work!”
We continue supporting different causes where our knowledge is a fundamental part of the solution
Compartamos con Colombia – Social Impact Bonds:
Social Impact Bonds are an innovative model that allows the funding of social programs under a payment scheme for success.
GPA participated with Compartamos con Colombia and Fundación Corona in advising the institutional and corporate processes for the implementation of the first social impact bond in terms of employability.
Fundación Teatro Interno – Restaurante Interno:
The Fundación Teatro Interno, led by Johana Bahamón aims to promote dignified conditions that allow the re-socialization of the prison population through work and various cultural activities.
Among these programs, the “Restaurante Interno” stands out in Cartagena, where inmates of the San Luis prison participate in a program where they directly serve a restaurant open to the public.
GPA advised in the matter of prison work to the foundation so optimal conditions could be guaranteed to the inmates of the San Diego prison in labor and social security rights.
Legal workshops with Techo – community leaders in Medellín:
GPA participated in the Meeting of Community Leaders of Techo 2017 held in the city of Medellín.
The event was a total success thanks to the great contribution made to community leaders and young volunteers about the scope of their right to due process, promoting social action and the implementation of strategies that allow communities in situation of extreme poverty to claim for their rights.
Legal Services and Peacebuilding:
GPA has recognized the determining role that law firms can play in the framework of postconflict.
Therefore, Fundación Pro Bono Colombia, the ANDI, Universidad del Rosario and the Chamber of Commerce of Bogotá, started an initiative consisting in conducting a series of dialogues on the legal analysis of each one of the points of the Havana Agreement.
This is a fundamental space for the dissemination of ideas and the concretion of proposals related to the contributions that can make the legal profession and the enterprises during the peace building process.
Testimonials – some of our pro bono experience
The special appearance attorneys are general legal experts who have a huge command of different areas of law.
They know what needs to be done to ensure that your desired outcome is delivered in your favor.
We have important information that you can download at any time and consult it