The Corporate Law practice group at Gómez-Pinzón is mainly engaged in advising clients in all aspects related with the planning of the best structure for the development of their operations in the country, the establishment and operation of partnerships, branches of foreign consortiums and non-profit entities, all of them from the various sectors of the economy. In the development of this type of advice, the Firm also participates in the design, preparation and negotiation of all sorts of agreements, from a corporate perspective and the development of its clients’ business.
Services provided by Gómez-Pinzón in Corporate Law include:
- Custody, handling of corporate books, preparation of proceedings.
- Establishment of companies, preparation of shareholders’ agreements and investment frame agreements.
- Transformations, mergers and spin-off of local and transnational companies.
- Dissolution and liquidation of legal entities.
- Foreign investment registration and attention to foreign exchange law matters.
- Preparation of Due Diligence reports in matters of corporate law, contracts and foreign investment.
- Contract structuring, elaboration and negotiation of various kinds, such as service, construction, leasing, distribution and business collaboration contracts, among others.
- Contract negotiation and completion through settlement agreements.
MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
Advice on Mergers & Acquisitions is an essential part of Gómez-Pinzón. It has contributed to position the Firm as leader in the Colombian and Latin American legal markets. This area has been classified as “Tier 1” level by the most respected and specialized international journals for several years.
Lawyers specialized in this area of practice understand the speed with which the business world advances and the specific needs of their clients, both local and foreign, in a wide range of economic sectors.
Their transnational experience of over 20 years and the specialized knowledge of the attorneys in Mergers & Acquisitions allow the handling of such diverse matters as acquisitions, mergings, leveraged purchases and spin-offs, asset selling, tax and corporate structuring, financing of transactions and the negotiation of the respective agreements, both in Colombia and abroad.
The Firm advice to its clients ranges from legal due dilligence processes and obtention of government permits, to the structuring, documenting, control of integrations and the closing of transactions.
Clients, whether from the side of seller or purchaser, private equity funds, strategic purchasers, small or large companies, may be certain that they will receive an innovating, all-embracing and efficient service. The Firm’s attorneys approach their transactions, whether local or multi-jurisdictional.