Our Intellectual Property & Competition practice group provides clients with comprehensive advice on the main aspects of this specialty. The work philosophy of the Firm is guided towards accompanying the innovation process during the following phases, and as follows:
- Creation: we work closely with our clients in creative processes through the conduction of background searches and research on the state of the technique. Our team provides advice on structuring intellectual property policies for companies to ensure procedures for the development of innovation.
- Administration: advice on the strategy definition of intellectual property protection and their implementation through the administration of international portfolios.
- Exploitation: the Firm provides advice in the exploitation process of intellectual property, through the negotiation of rights acquired in the various modalities, such as licensing, franchise, assignment, etc.
- Protection: the Firm advices clients in the effective protection of intellectual property rights through anti-piracy, infringement, unfair competition actions, etc.
Our team of professionals includes lawyers specialized in intellectual property and competition, pharmaceutical chemists for the handling of sanitary registration and patent engineers. It also has a litigation department specialized in the attention of proceedings due to infringement of intellectual property rights, that works with the support of researchers with broad experience in this matter.
We also offer consulting services in the structuring of franchise models, for which we have a team comprised of specialized and internationally certified consultants (process and industrial engineers).
We also offer complete advice in three areas of the right to the competition:
- Unfair competition: advice in national and international competition matters.
- Restrictive commercial practices: advice to companies before investigations due to presumed infringement to the competition regime, such as cartel formation, price agreements, etc.
- The firm has worked in landmark cuses in restrictive trade practices, involving cartel investigations, leniency programs, etc.
- Merger Control: Gómez-Pinzón provides advice to control business integrations processes, including studies to determine the risks of a projected operation, and the subsequent notification to competent authorities